Features of the AcuFeed Flex System
- Upper Feed Teeth moves forward and then gently moves the fabric back with the Lower Feed Teeth
- Upper Feed Teeth REPLICATES Lower Feed Teeth for maximum contact with fabric and better fabric movement, eliminating gathering, puckering and pulling
- Twin Dual Feed Holder Upper Feed Dogs reach in front of the needle to assist in feeding from the fabric when sewing from the edge of the fabric
- Interchangeable Sole allows for a variety of specialty feet and applications
The system uses Upper Feed Teeth in conjunction with the Lower Feed Teeth to gently move the multiple layers of fabric through the machine. The Upper feed teeth move with the fabric as the Lower feed teeth move, feeding both the top and bottom layers of fabric at the same time.
All AcuFeed Flex models come with the Twin AcuFeed foot which is a mirror image of the regular feed dogs. When the foot is lowered it then applies pressure evenly to the top and bottom of the fabric, which allows for both layers to be moved together at the same rate.
The Twin AcuFeed foot is unique because the feed teeth extend in front of the needle allowing for fabric in front of the needle to be moved by the upper feed teeth. This feature gives the AcuFeed flex system an advantage over other feet which only begin moving the fabric with the upper feed system once the fabric is past the needle.
The AcuFeed Flex system is set up so that the Upper and Lower feed teeth both move at the same rate, but there are times when the Upper feed is required to move at a faster/ slower rate. This allows the top layer of fabric to move at a different rate, eliminating puckering or stretching of the top layer if it is a different material to the bottom layer. The feeding rate of the Upper feed teeth is regulated by adjusting the Dual Feed Balance (refer to your instruction on how to adjust).
AcuFeed Flex is a feature only available on premium Janome sewing models Memory Craft 15000QM, Continental M7 Professional, Memory Craft 9450QCP, Skyline S9, Memory Craft 8200 QC, Memory Craft 6700P, Skyline S7, Skyline S6. There are three variation of Acufeed Flex feet available in the Janome range Twin, Single and Professional. There are many different options to choose from so we have listed all options below.
The twin AcuFeed Flex is Standard Accessory for ALL AcuFeed Flex models
• Dual Feed Holder (Twin) 859 817 004 (Standard part)
• Dual Feed Sole AD 859819109 (Standard part)
• Dual Feed Open Toe UD (Twin – Sole only) 202 149 004
• ¼” Piecing OD (Twin – Sole only) 202 103 004
• Ditch Quilting STD (Twin – Sole only) 202 103 006
• Straight Stitch (Twin – Sole Only) 202 102 005
AcuFeed Flex – Single
• Dual Feed Holder (Single) 859 833 006
• Dual Feed Foot VD (Single – Sole only) 859 835 101
• Dual Feed Foot ED (Single – Zipper Sole only) 859 838 001
AcuFeed Flex-Professional Grade Foot
• For use with Memory Craft 15000QM, Continental M7 Professional, Memory Craft 9450QCP, Memory Craft 6700P
• HP2 – Straight Stitch Foot – 202415004